Friday, January 28, 2011

Odds and ends

We installed the calipers last night. It was a bit of a struggle getting the drivers side on but they are both on now. My son tackled the drivers side and became frustrated with the whole thing. After he calmed himself down, he returned to it and it was not such a chore. I've been there many times in many situations. There's gotta be something to being in a "Zen" state. We still need to go back thru the front end and make sure we have everything tightened down to specs.









Remember that rusted steering bolt that was broken off and stuck in the steering box? I took it to a machine shop where they first tried heading up the steering box. It still would not come out. They finally welded a washer to the nub and it came out. Whew.



Steering box and the other end of the problem. Look at how rusted that bolt is. Amazing.

Other stuff we have going on.

I masked cleaned, masked off and painted one of the door panels. I am using the SEM vinyl paint and I am getting pretty good results.

The unpainted side



The painted side


My son has also been busy cleaning up the rear end of the car. We'll probably paint it with POR 15 this weekend. The drums came off easily which was a relief. We are going to keep the drum rear brakes and re-use them.




My dog is totally hating winter.



It's been a tough winter.

No comments:

Post a Comment